Thursday 29 September 2016

POETRY PROJECTS!

I am so excited to see your final projects and the themes that you have chosen! As you complete your in class projects here are some tips for you:

CRITICAL INTERPRETATION: Remember to use the thesis pieces sheets to help you form a meaningful personal connection as opposed to a plot summary for each of your 3 paragraphs. Avoid using I or you in formal paragraphs!

PERSONAL RESPONSE: For these paragraphs you may use I and YOU language. This is basically like a diary response...you are saying what you liked and connected with. Here are some sentence starters:  " I chose this poem because...."
"I connect or do not connect with this poem because..."
"This poem reminds me of...."
" When reading this poem, I feel...."
"I think this poet is ..... because of the language such as....."

DEVICES: Please remember you do not need to explicate each poem, and its just showing an understanding of all 10 devices, 5 that you choose. About 10 examples maximum per section, so that you are not repeating and doing more unnecessary work.

FORMAT: Digital formats such as storyjumper, prezi, powerpoint or any others are completely fine, as are printed versions or scrapbook version are great too. Its your project and your choice!

Can't wait to see all your learning demonstrated in this project! Mrs. Kambo